To subscribe to our emailers, all you have to do is fill in these basic details
and click the Submit button. You will start receiving regular mails from Wealth
Forum updating you on fresh content on our site.
Roopa Venkatakrishnan discusses an array of topics from how she segments her clients, to how she engages with them, how she deals with younger clients who have a wider access to financial data and finally offers some sound advice to new IFAs just starting out in the business.
She begins by stating that she has no entry level barrier in terms of portfolio size or SIP. Her clients are segmented into three baskets. First, her old clients who have been with her for 15-16 years and have grown to become HNIs over time who have the strongest relationship based on trust and comfort. The next consists of her clients who have been with her for 7-8 years who are on their way to becoming HNIs. Lastly,her newer clients consisting largely of lower net-worth individuals who she hopes to empower to begin financial planning through awareness and education.
Moving on to client engagement, she stresses the importance of being clear on what you can and cannot bring to client in that she is “here to create wealth to sustain [the client’s] purchasing power, not to simply promise high returns or the best funds” A client can’t visualize more than 5 years which is where the advisor plays a critical role - in walking through a journey with the client that lasts well beyond 5 years
She offers some sound advice for new IFAs just starting out –
1. Use data, crunch numbers to build your conviction. Don’t wait for a fund house or friend to forward youdata, seek it out yourself, analyse it and understand it - that's how you build your own conviction, which you then transmit to your clients.
2. Always prepare ahead of client meetings regardless of how old the relationship is – the last thing you want isto go in with raw data because that’s something even a client has access to.
3. Always listen to what your client wants, what their goals and needs are. Become a good listener.
Thanks For Refreshing the Basic Rule..RUPA MADA * WEALTH FORUM TEAM
Learned LOT LOT LOT ....
- Meeting, Friendly Approach, Value Added, Creat Wealth, Build Relationship, All level of clients - About Client
- About IFA, need to use data, analyse , bring it for the benefits of investors, long term Wealth creation approach, Do home work before training, listen more.
I can say Roopamadam is like LADY BACHHAN in our Mutual Fund Industry
She is devoting lot of time, energy and even spend lot of money for WELFARE AND UPDATION OF IFAs in each and every part of INDIA. Thank you Mam .
Good article and have practical approach to generate new clients as well as to retain old clients. Thanks.
Great Roopa ji. Very sound and golden advice to the IFAs....
Copyright 2017 All Rights Reserved.Wealth Forum Ezine